- Southern Writers, Southern
- Deadline: May 15, 2001
Southern Writers, Southern Writing is a University of Mississippi
Graduate Student Conference held in conjunction with the Annual Faulkner and Yoknapatawpha Conference.
The graduate students in the departments of English and Southern Studies invite you to submit abstracts on or about the South. Accepted
papers will be presented in Oxford, MS on the 19th, 20th, & 21st of July 2001.
Topics for papers or panels are not restricted to literature & may include:
* Materialist and political approaches to texts
* Eco-criticism, nature writing, and the southern landscape
* Religion and spirituality in southern culture and writing
* Folklore, material culture, oral culture, and community
* Race, gender, class, and the southern canon
* The new New South: investigating the Sunbelt
Please send one to two-page abstracts of critical work or entire creative works to:
Southern Writers, Southern Writing
Department of English
C-128 Bondurant Hall
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
Reading limit is twenty minutes; please include your summer address with your submission.
Inquiries or ideas for panels may be e-mailed to email@example.com
(Do not e-mail abstracts or other submissions, please.)
More information will be sent along with your registration materials;
you may also check out the most current information at